Study In USA
The United States of America (also referred to as the United States, the U.S., the USA, or America) is a federal constitutional republic comprising fifty states and a federal district. The country is situated mostly in central North America, where its forty-eight contiguous states and Washington, D.C., the capital district, lie between the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans, bordered by Canada to the north and Mexico to the south. The state of Alaska is in the northwest of the continent, with Canada to the east and Russia to the west across the Bering Strait. The state of Hawaii is an archipelago in the mid-Pacific. The country also possesses several territories in the Caribbean and Pacific.
Facts & Figures:
- USA consists of 50 states and a Federal District.
- Washington DC is the capital of USA.
- The total area covered by USA is 9,525,067, which is 4th largest in the world.
- The total Population of USA is 325,286,000, which is 3rd largest in the world.
- While the National Language is English, Spanish is the 2nd most spoken language in USA.
- The per capita income (PPP) of USA is 57,220, which is 10th largest in the world.
Why Study in USA?
- Around 300 of the top 500 universities in the world are from USA.
- USA offers the widest range of options for students in terms of courses and tuition fees.
- USA is the most popular destination for all the international student from around the world.
- USA offers huge scholarship opportunities for international students.
- USA offers OPT for international students allowing them to work after completion of their academic degrees.
Working While Studying:
- International students are allowed to work 20 Hours per week on campus while semester is running.
- During the semester breaks, the hourly restrictions do not apply.
- Students can apply for CPT with their institution which will allow them to work off campus but only in their field of study.
Opportunity After study:
- After completing their studies, International students are provided with OPT (Optional Practical Training) which will allow them to Work full time off campus in their field of study for up to 12 months.
- Students with STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math) degrees are have an option to extend their OPT for further 24 months.